Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  UK solicitor
28732269

I am looking two girls 5 and 3 years

I am looking for citizenship for my two girls 5 and 3 years old. Will buying a property allow having any sort of right in UK? Please advice
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Hi Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.Unfortunately, buying a property does not afford any foreign national additional rights to naturalise as a UK citizen.A person is either entitled to UK citizenship by birth or ancestry, or they have to naturalise as a UK national.In order to naturalise a foreign national must first obtain a visa to live in the UK (usually either a work visas sponsored by an employer or as the spouse of a UK national) and then live here for 5 years on a visa and then at the end of the 5 year period apply for “indefinite leave to remain” so they can stay permanently.Once they have indefinite leave to remain, they can apply to naturalise subject to certain criteria.However, owning or buying a property does not give any one additional rights to naturalise. My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question. Kind regards,Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So if I had a baby in UK he will be English ?
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
Hi, What nationality are you?What nationality is the other parent of the child?Tom