13262538

Question ClareBasically am ready

Question for ClareHi ClareBasically am ready for MPS next week, its only the directions conference, but I have statement and form H ready "in the wings". Can I ask-- have I veered "off course" in age 3 of my MPS statement where I say H+W discussed house sale/VAT refund and mortgage forbearance and couldn't agree any (I'm trying to show there were ways to ease financial burdens but H refused)-Would you bring a copy for judge and other side (just in case they all show interest)- Form H you said 'litigant in person' costs should be charged at the minimum rate of £18 per hour which I have toted up, where does this belong in Form H?- Form H is an "estimate" so am I supposed to estimate my future costs in Section B all the way to end of final hearing?
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.
HiThere is nothing wrong in what you have said - and always take three copies of everything - one for the court one for you and one for your ex!You are not going to get costs - but if you wish to complete the Form H you should put in disbursements and and valuation fees - sadly there is no room on the Form H for Litigant in Person Fees - but have the information to hand so that you can point out to the court what it would have cost
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thankyou
I assume I can ignore section B because I'm a litigant in person so my personal time costs are, as you say, background only.
Can I check with you, given how cloudy I am regarding H's day to day costs is it best NOT to include a summary of his income/expenses and leave that to him, which he will of course do?
In my statement, should I expressly say what my remaining bank balance is and remaining savings, or just have bank statements to hand? My draft currently has all of that - what has to be robustly tackled is the "headlines" my ex will speed to which are 'she's got loads of savings' (rubbish I don't).
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.
You do not give details of his costs - that is for him to provide.Yes give an overview of your financial position including savings
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok thanks Clare
Coincidentally, H informed me today he purchased a new fridge which was delivered to him today. These cost the same as my unpaid child support, and he now has three fridges so I'm a bit surprised. Is it worth mentioning in my statement as evidence he must have some funds, or too much detail - save it for impromptu discussion if needed?
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.
Put that in - after all he told you!
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Yup, he should not have told me! I was floored! How can someone go shopping when they haven't paid their child support for 6 months?!
You refer to suitability of including 'valuation fees' in Form H, I can't see a separate 'line item' for these - do I stick it under solicitors' disbursements? It was under £100.
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.
It goes in Disbursements
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years