13262538

I am about to complete the acknowledgement of service

Hi - I am about to complete the acknowledgement of service form that I have received as part of my divorce process. My wife has a solicitor. For several reasons I don't have one. My wife and I have a mediation appointment booked for 1st June. My wife is seeking additional payments/final settlement from me. My particular question is whether I should put Yes or No in answer to the AOS form question 6 (In the event of a decree nisi being granted [which I am not contesting] on the basis of two years' separation ... do you (I) intend to apply to the court for it to consider your (my) financial position as it will be after the divorce?). If my wife and I agree a settlement in mediation then presumably the answer is No, but if we cannot agree perhaps I should be answering Yes - or 'Yes, if mediation is unsuccessful'?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help youYou do not need to say anything other than No to that question.That would hold up the divorce unnecessarily.If no agreement is reached then you can simply make the Financial application to the Court - you are not in anyway giving up the right to do so by answering that question in the negativePlease ask if you need further details