12826847

Me and my partner had an argument, in her statement i pin

Customer Question

Me and my partner had an argument, in her statement i pin her down and pull her arm and rip her pants slightly, what is the liklehood of imprisonment, i pleaded not guilty at court yeterday and today she dropped the charges, i work and pay all the bills, and we have two children.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
How can I help with this please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well what is the liklehood of me going to prison for this low case of assault?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ive never been in trouble before and i dont know what to do because i want to see my children
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What would happen if i phoned up now and changed my plea to guilty? Would i be able to see my children? Would i go into police custody? Is anybody even there ive paid £37
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Helloooooo
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I'm afraid that since it took you over an hour and a half to respond to my information request, I was no longer online.Have you admitted the offence?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No i pleaded not guilty
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Will she give evidence?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No shes not going to court on the day
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
What about if she is summonsed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What will happen?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
It depends. If she is summonsed will she give evidence?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No she will not turn up she said, what is the most likley thing to happen?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
It depends really. She can always retract but they will summons her almost certainly. Especially if you are the person with financial control. The question then remains whether she will ignore the summons. They will put pressure on her to answer. They probably won't seek a witness summons if this is the first time she has done this. One of the ways in which they do that is to inform social services of this incident and spark their their interest in the children. Truth is that they will probably get one adjournment from the date of trial and if she doesn't show up then they will have to offer no evidence. They might seek a restraining order though to stop you having contact even if she does not want one. That can be removed but it might be imposed short term. Do not breach your bail conditions by having contact with her. You are on bail conditions not her and she will trot them out when you have a row fast enough. Can I clarify anything for you? Jo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So if she doesnt show up chances are she will not get anything done to her and i will be ok?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I mean if she is summons and doesnt show up will she be ok?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
They could seek a witness warrant for her arrest but it isn't likely. Not on a first incident.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
no problem.All the best.