13262538

I was born in New Zealand to a UK born father, his parents

Customer Question

I was born in New Zealand to a UK born father, his parents were also UK born. I belive I apply for British Citizenship via a UKF form. My parents arnt married. However my father can't/unwilling to give me his full birth certificate. I have a copy of his short version birth certificate. How can I go about applying for citizenship.
William Sunderland
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes will wait, after all I paid for it. Thanks
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks very much
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
An answer would be great thanks
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiThank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further informtaion first.Is your father named on your Birth Certificate?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes he is named on my birth certificate, also says his place of birth
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Then you can apply for a copy of his Birth Certificate as it is a public documentThe process is described herehttps://www.gov.uk/order-copy-birth-death-marriage-certificatePlease ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou I will apply online for a full birth certificate. Do I need to supply my fathers expired passport as well?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Not unless you have it!