Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

If both divorced parents are abroad days can the main

If both divorced parents are abroad for 2 days can the main carer (mum) state the children can stay with her boyfriend as opposed to either set of grandparents
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. It will be difficult to argue that the children should be with the boyfriend of one of the mother unless there is a court order or agreement between parties. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I note you have left a negative rating. Please could you confirm what you are not happy about so that I can provide you with all the information you require to resolve this matter.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm not sure that it made sense grammatically and what the actual response was,
Did the answer mean to say that in order to argue where the children stay I would need a court order , or that she cannot allow her boyfriend to have them over the grandparents without a court order?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Apologies for the confusion - neither grandparents nor her boyfriend have automatic rights for the children to stay with him unless there is a court order in place or prior agreement between you. If no agreement can be reached, then the usual procedure would be for a court order to be in place. The final decision (either by agreement or if the court decides) will be depending on what is in the children's best interests. The court will look at what the arrangements have been for the children so far - so if they have been living with the mother and her boyfriend and not with their grandparents, then the court will likely side with the children staying with the boyfriend, despite him not being a blood relative.I hope this clarifies further.