Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I currently live with my partner and share ownership of our

I currently live with my partner and share ownership of our house which has 30,000 outstanding on our mortgage. I would like to leave the relationship but am unsure what options I have as regards ***** ***** house. If I left and moved back with my parents, would I be relinquishing my rights to half the house.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question.As long as your name is ***** ***** title of the property this is a legal interest and this remains whether you stay in the home or leave. You will have a right to occupy the property and a share of the equity upon sale of the property - your share of the equity will be in relation to what your share of the title is. Your partner will be unable to sell the property without your permission.If you wish to receive further information please confirm:-Are you married to your partner?-Do you have any children together, if so their ages?-Are there any deeds of trust or formal agreements in place?In the meantime if you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.