Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I have been divorced year and in the divorce settlement

Customer Question

I have been divorced for a year and in the divorce settlement it was agreed that my x would pay the mortage and i would pay a joint loan until the house was sold. The house is on the market but my x has decided he will no longer pay the mortgage payments. Can he just do this
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. Was your divorce settlement approved by the court in a court order? How much arrears is on the mortgage now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes it was upheld by the court arrears are £80000
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you there
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thank you - in the circumstances you can apply to court for enforcement of the court order so that he pays the arrears to prevent it coming out of the equity of the property upon sale. You can apply to court for enforcement of the financial order under form D50K and a £155 court fee.I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.