How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2734
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

My son started contact within the community 6 weeks ago with

Customer Question

My son started contact within the community 6 weeks ago with his father, since that has started we have noticed a change in my sons behaviour! He refuses to discuss what he has done with his father, actually he refuses to discuss anything at all, he starts to lash out, he regresses back to a baby and demands his dummy during the day (dummy has been a night time thing now for 1 year) and strokes the dummy on his face and suckles it for comfort, he comes back to the family home stating there are monsters, he wakes up during the night screaming and inconsolable, he has told me " mummy I don't want to leave you" , the following day he wants me to stay home with him. After Wednesday which is his last day of visitation For that week he becomes happy and talkative again and does not mention his father and still refuses to discuss contact. I might be an over protective mother but I feel that this is having some kind of physcological affect on my son and I want to know what I can do to protect my son as I feel stopping contact will have a negative affect with the courts etc!
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:-Are there any court orders in place?-Have you discussed these concerns with the father?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, there is a court order in place which he has breached 3 times now and no I haven't discussed this with the father because he is unapproachable, I have a harassment order against him because of domestic violence and he will just say I am making this all up
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for confirming. If you have concerns about the level of care he provides your son, as well as compliance with the arrangements, then you should apply to court to vary the court order - you can do this under form C100 if there are no ongoing proceedings.I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The order is not completed until 26/05/2016 which will be the final hearing
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thanks - you will need to formally notify him of the concerns in writing and raise them with the court at the final hearing.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.

Related Family Law Questions