Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My wife and I are separated and are looking to divorce. We

My wife and I are separated and are looking to divorce. We have agreed to joint custody of our only son, that he will live between the 2 of us and that we will share all costs of raising him on a 50:50 basis.
With this situation in mind are either of us entitled to claim additional funds from each other to support our son?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question.-Please confirm if you are in England or Wales?-How old your son is?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi,England7 years old
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.If you both share day to day responsibilities and the arrangements are an exact 50-50 split, then there is strong argument that no claim can be made for child maintenance by either parent. I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you