13262538

My ex husband wants to move abroad with my 12 year old daughter.

My ex husband wants to move abroad with my 12 year old daughter. She has two siblings that live with me. How can I prevent him from doing so, as I feel it is not with her best interests at heart?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your questionMy name is***** shall do my best to help you but I need some further information firstWhere does he wish to move and why?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
America. He has just ended a relationship which includes another child and has a new partner who lives in the US. He also has landed a job out there.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I assume she wishes to go with him?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He is a very manipulative man and has filled her head saying it will be an adventure. She loves her Dad but doesn't want to move schools or leave her friends and family, so she is very torn
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She moved schools last year to go and live with him
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Social services have been involved recently as his ex partner filed for domestic violence but the charges were dropped today. He is meeting with them tomorrow to discuss this but they've told me to seek legal advice
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
He cannot take her to America without either your agreement or an Order from the Court.Accordingly you simply say no - if he wishes to take her then he needs to apply for Leave to Remove which you will defend.You can read more herehttp://www.leavetoremove.info/leave-to-remove-faqsI would suspect that given the Domestic Violence and the school move and your daughter's own reservations and the existence of siblings it is highly unlikely that he will be given Leave to Remove her from the UKI hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details