Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My ex is moving my daughters school with no consultation from

My ex is moving my daughters school with no consultation from myself
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:-Are you the mother or father? If you are the father, were you married to the mother, or are you named on the birth certificate?-How old is your daughter?-What are the current arrangements for you to see your daughter?-Where is she being moved from and to?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HiI am the Father
We were not married
Yes I am named on the birth certificate
I also have a parental responsibility order
My daughter has lived with me for the last 3 years
She moved to her mothers about a month ago but stays with me about 3 times a week.
She is 14 years old
She fell out with some friends at her school and so decided it was easier to move. The school she wants to go to is no nearer and is not as good. Her mother has kept her off school until she gets accepted into another school. Her original school have contacted me and are not happy of her absence at such a crucial time of her life. Her mother has not made any attempt to contact me to discuss and I have had no imput on any decision .
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the further information. As you have a PR order in place, this allows you to be consulted and involved in relation to issues such as this and you can contact the mother to request that you be involved. If you do not agree with the course of action that the mother is taking you can make an urgent application for a specific issue order under form C100 and a £215 court fee to your local family court.What the mother is doing may not be in your daughter's best interests and without mutual agreement between you a court will need to make a decision that is in your daughter's best interests.I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you