Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My house is currently soley in my name. I am looking to

My house is currently soley in my name. I am looking to ass my partner on but he is currently still married and going through divorce. If i add him before the divorce is finalised, does his wife have any rights to my home?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. His wife will be entitled to claim financial relief from him as part of the divorce and he will need to disclose all assets tgat he has - however if you add him to the title of your property only the share that is in his name will be considered his asset.I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you