Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I am going through a divorce and am waiting my decree nisi.

I am going through a divorce and am waiting my decree nisi. We have been seperated for 2 and a half yrs now. I am in a new relationship and want to buy a house together. My soon to be ex husband has his own house and i have my own money from the sale of my own previous house to put towards the new one.
Can I buy a house with my new partner before my divorce is final??? My ex and I are making no claims from eachother. His house is worth approx £180000 and he has a full pension. I have £68000 to put down on my new house and the rest will be mortgage. I have no pension.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. You are able to purchase a property before divorce is finalised, however despite agreement that neither of you will make a claim against the other you should not rely on this and you should obtain a clean break order to finalise this and prevent future claims. Upon your remarriage you will not be able to claim against him, but without a clean break order he will be able to claim against you at any time until his death or remarriage.I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will the mortgage company still releasemy funds??
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
I dont see why they would not as long as you fulfill their criteria, they will have no involvement in relation to your matrim issues.If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.