13262538

I am a LIP, the solicitor acting other party is not

Customer Question

I am a LIP, the solicitor acting for the other party is not responding to any of my communication.
Is there a specific way I should be wording things so there is an obligation to reply?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstWhat exactly is the issue between you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
who is 'you'?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Me and the respondant?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Yes - what is the matter that you are writing to the solicitor about - and how long is it since you had a response?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pushing a month, and matters not directly related to the case, but I am directed to the solicitor for all communication.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am in a situation where now I do have to ask case related questions that will require detailed answers for me to properly prepare a statement of position, but am afraid of being ignored/fobbed off with clever evasive language.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
What is the issue - finances, children something else?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1 child specifically, an exisitng PSO, applications for SA and removal from Juresdiction and contact, finances will feature.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
There is never any obligation to respond to a letter I am afraid - whether it is sent to your ex or the solicitor.Do rest assured that there ar emany soliictors who have ecactly the same problems when it comes to opbtaining a meaningful repsonse from the solicitor on the opposing sideOf course it can be very difficult for the solicitor required to respond since they of course have to await instructions from their client - which may never be forth comingAll you can do is write polite but clear letters making it clear that if agreement cannot be reached within a reasonable length of time then a Court applictaion will have to be issued - and then make it if no response is received.Never make a threat of action that you do not intend to carry Out!Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Appllications have already been filed, and I have not made empty threats, they have all been carried out.
Will having a list of clearly unanswered, yet relavent questions be of use to me later on in court?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Can you give me an example?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm trying to think of one that wont be in be to identifyable for publication...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, there is a question of communication due to learned language should relocation out of juresdiction be allowed...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the question would be..What provision has been put in place to ensure X is able to communicate with Y now that's X's taught language will not be that of Y's
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
How old is the child?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
9 months, proposal is to learn english at 7 years, as you can appreciate I find that quite hard to swallow.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
In that case yes it is indeed a very valid question and the fact that no response had been given will certainly be useful to you!
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So, considering all of my questions are of similar validity, putting them into one communication noting them as previously unanswered and politely asking for a response would be a good move.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As a side note, you may want to have a word with those in charge of the website, on the page after I give you a 4 star rating, the maths indicates that 105% of your clients here give you a tip...
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
I despair of the site (and it's popups) - and yes the letter would be an excellent idea