Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My wife and I are currently divorcing, my daughter is in Year

My wife and I are currently divorcing, my daughter is in Year 1 and has been at school for two years. Throughout that period I have done the school run and I have no problems in continuing.
My wife, due to work is unable to do the school run in any direction. I am prepared to agree to a shared care arrangement but she is adamant she wants someone else to pick our daughter up from school even though I can.
We don't argue about anything else other than this and have a positive relationship otherwise.
Can a court prevent me from picking up my daughter from school even though my wife can't be there for another 2 hours?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. What are her reasons for not agreeing to let you do the school run? Does she expect the third party to look after your daughter for 2 hours after school?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes and for an hour before school, we only live a mile or two apart but she expects the third party, probably her parents, to look after her for that period. She says she has no problems with me doing some of them but wants her parents to do some too.I have said that I am happy for her parents to do the school run but only when I can't.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for confirming. Unless there are child protection concerns or issues with you collecting the children, she cannot reasonably refuse such an arrangement and a court will unlikely agree that it is the role of grandparents to do the school run when you, the father, are available and willing to do it.In the circumstances I would suggest that you make a referral to an independent mediator (you can find local ones here: familymediationcouncil.org.uk). The mediator will assist you both in reaching an amicable agreement that is in the children's best interests.If you have any further questions regarding this please let me know. In the meantime if you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you