13262538

I would like to know what the legal position is in the following

Customer Question

I would like to know what the legal position is in the following circumstances My father has a will which is in the hands of my sister. She tells me that in the will it states that my Father only wants my sister to be present at the solicitors office when the will is read, although there are three sisters and my father has said that his estate will be divided equally between his three daughters.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.The dramatic collective Will reading is in fact a fictional device.The only person who is entitled to see the Will - or hear what it says - before Probate is granted is the Executor (or Executors)If your sister is the Executor then she does not have to arrange a "reading" I am afraid.I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is Probate, what does before probate is granted mean.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Probate is the Administrative process of declaring all the assets and "proving"the Will so that all the assets can be claimed