Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My partner/ sons father is in prison years

Customer Question

My partner/ sons father is in prison for 8 years for sexual abuse not on our son. Social services have said that my partner can never live with me again but I've done my research and found out that he can and social services have lied to me. Just need to be sure he can live with me and his son again could you give me any advice I love my partner so much and our son we want to be a family
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. Social services would have concerns if your partner lived with you and your son when he is released - if they feel that there are risks from your partner towards your son, and you are not allaying those concerns, then they will have grounds to take theatter to court and it would be for thr court to decide whether there are any risks to your child.So, if upon his release he resumed living with you, practically they cannot stop this but they can go to court in order to protect your child from any harm or risk of harm.If you have any further questions regarding this please let me know. In the meantime if you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.