Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

A lady I had an affair with told me last year she was

A lady I had an affair with told me last year she was pregnant with my child. This destroyed my home but I wanted to do right (for a change) for the innocent child and stuck with this lady through pregnancy, prepared everything the baby would need when born, went to hospital / midwife and even antenatal appointments with her. We had an argument after I didn't succumb to a selfish request of hers 2 months before delivery, she cuts me off. She gave birth 2 weeks ago now and has chosen still to keep this away from me. From all indications she lied about me being responsible. My life has been a mess for the last 10 months.
In summary, all I need is a paternity test as I deserve to know. Please how do I go about this as she's refusing to respond to me at all and won't consent to a DNA.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. If the mother refuses to agree to a DNA test you will need to apply to the child's local family court for the court tonorder a test using this form: http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/HMCTS/GetForm.do?court_forms_id=2631 together with a £365 court fee.I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In this case I do not a copy of the birth certificate nor any details of the baby as she's refused to even inform me she's given birth. Will my application be deemed valid without any documentation relating to the child? What would the process after submission entail?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thank you - in the circumstances you will need to accompany the application with a form D11 and a £155 court fee and apply for leave to apply without a birth certificate and explain the reasons on the form as to why you do not have a copy.