13262538

My ex has a fortnightly contact order but doesn't full fill

Customer Question

My ex has a fortnightly contact order but doesn't full fill it and only sees my daughter between once every one or two months.
I have told him we are moving to Cornwall and with a plan of our current pattern I agree to bring my daughter back to him so there will be no great change to his contact. We need to move in the next month but he now wants to meet in a fortnight to discuss. Can We move in the meantime?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.You can move - but there is a (small) risk that you might have to either move back - or (slightly more likely) honour the fortnightly contact arrangements - (if your ex can spare the time of course) until a Court has decided whether or not the move is in the best interests of the child.The relatively short notice you have given is a minor problem - but if you have a clear schedule setting out how often he has missed contact all should be wellPlease ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I should note he lives 2.5 hours north of me currently and we want to move 4 hours south of my current home. He cannot increase to fortnightly despite me asking as he is a wedding photographer. Will this bear any weight? He says he will agree to meet to dissuss but not for some time( he wants to delay me)
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Why are you moving?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My partner who we have lived with for 2.5 years has been offered an unmissable contract, we also feel Cornwall is better than Wrexham
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
The answer remains the same - there is a risk that you will be forced to return but it is a slim one