ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Family Solicitor
Experience:  Divorce, Finances, Children, Domestic Violence, Care Proceedings
74916426

I have received a general form of order ancillary relief stating that IT IS ORDERED TH

Customer Question

Hi, I have received a general form of order ancillary relief stating that IT IS ORDERED THAT the applicant and respondent are acting in person and therefore this matter shall be listed for hearing on x date.
We both signed the forms saying we didnt take legal advice and do not want to attend court? What does this letter mean?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is related to a financial clean break order we are doing two years after our divorce
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
Hello Welcome to Just Answer I am a Solicitor and will assist you. I can confirm that when a consent order is submitted to the court in respect of the matrimonial finances - this consent order will be have been given to a Judge to consider. it is within the Judges remit when a considering a consent order to decide to list a hearing before he approves the consent order that has been submitted. A Judge has to consider that a consent order is fair before they approve the same. It is also possible for Judges to list a hearing when both parties are acting in person to ensure fairness. In reality as the Judge has decided to list a hearing - you will both have to attend. You could both try writing to the court asking for the hearing to be vacated but in reality this is unlikely to be approved by the court now as a hearing has already been listed. The court at the hearing - might well approve the consent order that has been previously submitted after considering its fairness and checking that you both understand what you are entering into. Let me know if I can help you further. Kind Regards ***** ***** kindly remember to star rate our service so that we receive credit for helping you today