Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I'm going through a divorce and am currently selling my house

Customer Question

I'm going through a divorce and am currently selling my house , seven years ago my wife's mother left half of her house to my wife and her sister but her father is still alive and loves there , is my wife's inheritance classed as a assert she has
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. Inheritance is not considered an automatic matrimonial asset and does not form part of the matrimonial assets unless it has beem brought into the matrimonial finances, or if the needs of any children and both husband and wife cannot be met from the matrimonial assets.If you wish to receive more detailed information please confirm:-How long you have both been married-If you have any children together, if so their ages and arrangements-What joint and sole assets you both have-What your respective incomes areIn the meantime if you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.