Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

Is it possible Judge to amend and MPS order without

Is it possible for a Judge to amend and MPS order without both parties attending court?And in what instance would a judge amend the order. Surely one of the parties must insists on an amendment?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. Could you outline the situation a bit more? Is there an order in place, if so what is it, and has the court changed it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Original order was to pay MPS and child care.
The new order specifies not to spend any money out of savings or bonus payments until the next hearing.Why would a Judge randomly amend an order unprovoked..Is it possible for me to get all documents filed in regards ***** ***** certain case number?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
A court can make orders of its own volition, but such an amendment without a hearing would likely only happen if the other party had written or applied to the court, or if there was something accidentally missed out of the original order.In the circumstances I would suggest you write to the court to request confirmation as to why the order has been amended, together with copies of any correspondence or application by the other party.I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The order states:
Pay 650 MPS
Pay 700 Child costsThen new "amendment states"do not spend any money out of savings, or any incremental money earned other than normal pay salary.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thanks - you will need to enquire with the court why this amendment was made with no prior notice to you.