13262538

Can a male have a claim against his wife pension. and also

Can a male have a claim against his wife pension.
and also if a solicitor is appointed to sell a joint owned d property ( Separate solicitors are acting in the divorce)
and the property is now sold and the solicitors is holding the funds has he any legal right to withhold payment in equal shares to the parties.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help youYes either spouse has a potential claim on the pension of the other - gender is irrelevantI am afraid that where a solicitor has acted in a sale on behalf of more than one party they are required to hold the monies until they receive clear joint instructions as to how the monies should be dividedPlease ask if you need further details