Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

If you are pregnant and decide that you don't want to

If you are pregnant and decide that you don't want to put the father's name on the birth cert, but he has already attended scan appointments, has he got the right to demand that his name is ***** ***** doc. The couple are both unmarried and will be aged 17 when the child is born.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. Is the couple in England or Wales?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
England
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. As they are unmarried there is no obligation on the mother to include the father on the birth certificate even if he has attended scan appointments.I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you