Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I have an agreement with my child's father regarding

Customer Question

I have an agreement with my child's father regarding maintance
If he breaks the agreement can I take him to court
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. If it is a voluntary agreement directly with him, you will have to refer the matter back to the Child Maintenance Service as they would have jurisdiction if you are both living in England or Wales.If you do not know where he is living the statutory service can try to find this out themselves and they deal with finding out his details of income in order to calculate his legal obligation.The courts will only deal with child maintenance issues if the Child Maintenance Service does not have jurisdiction or if his income is very high in order to provide a "top-up" to the statutory child maintenance amount.I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.