Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My husband divorced his first wife c17years ago. Part of

My husband divorced his first wife c17years ago. Part of that settlement was the equity from the marital home was frozen at that point and he signed the house over to her with the agreement that he would receive his share of the equity when his son turned 18. His son is approaching 21 and we still don't have his share of the equity. He has spoken with her frequently over the last 2 years but is just fobbed off. What steps should we take to enforce the agreement please?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:-Are they in England or Wales?-Was the agreement approved in a court order?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
all in England. The agreement was detailed in the divorce settlement which was certified by both solicitors at the time
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Thanks - was the financial settlement approved by the court?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We're not sure, we thought so as it's detailed on the settlement. How would we be able to find out or would there be any indication on the paperwork? Sorry to be so vague, it's such a long time ago!!
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
No worries - the financial settlement will be as a court order approved by a judge and sealed with a court stamp.If it is approved by a court, then he can apply to have the order enforced using form D11 and a £155 court fee.I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you