How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Family Law Expert
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2723
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

Can I use a voice recording as evidence of domestic

Resolved Question:

can I use a voice recording as evidence of domestic violence? can i get emergency custody of our child to be able to go somewhere safe? can i request supervised contact? where? how to proceed?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. Please confirm when and what the most recent incident of domestic violence was, as well as what the history of violence has been?Please also confirm how old the child is and what the current arrangements are.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am about to move with my sister, taking our child- toddler with me, hence the need for emergency custody and supervised contact. Last episode a couple of weeks ago, I don't want to get into those details. Our child is unaware. I just want to know if I can use voice recordings as evidence for custody molestation order etc I am not sure if you can use a recording if the other party doesn't know you are recording. how long does it take? to get these orders?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If not I will go to a refuge....but I want to leave
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how much money to go to court as an average? I will need a prohibited steps order too...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Apologies for the delay. Depending on your financial circumstances, you may be eligible for legal aid to pursue the non-molestation order (injunction) against him. You can provide the recording to the solicitors who will prepare a statement for you to support your application. If the non-molestation order is granted, and you financial circumstances are within the limits, you will be eligible for legal aid in relation to the child arrangement order matter.To get the non-molestation order, this is done on an urgent basis and can be done within a few days. In relation to the child arrangement order, and emergency order can be made if it is urgent, and the matter will be listed for further hearings depending on what the father's position is.I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Harris and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions