13262538

Long story short. Ex wife passed away, court order granted

Long story short.
Ex wife passed away, court order granted May 2016 for my son to stay with maternal aunt and uncle for schooling and weekends with me (the Father).
To assist with the financial support for my sons care I have used the CSA calculator. I have now received request from the aunt and uncle to pay for the full costs for my sons care with no financial contribution from them. Is this right? Could the aunt and uncle approach the trustees to my sons estate for financial support if they can’t or won’t pay for his care?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your questionMy name is ***** ***** do my best to help you but I need some further information firstDid they request the court order that the child live with them?How old is the child?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they applied to the Court to enable them to look after my son for schooling. I agreed to this as it was the wishes of my sons mother and my son that he lived with them.The child will be 15 in August 2015.Thank you
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
My apologies for the delayYou cannot be asked to pay more than the CMS/CSA guidelines.They can certainly approach his Trustees regarding financial support - but if they do not wish to care for him then the answer is simple - he lives with you full time.Please ask of you need further details