Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I have 3 children by ex partner The Csa have assessed me to

Customer Question

I have 3 children by ex partner The Csa have assessed me to pay and are now taking me to court to force sale of my house. However 1 of the children reside with myself and has done for 3 years. The Csa know this but completely ignore it. My ex partner pays nothing towards the son living with me but does claim his family benefit. What can I do
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:-Are you in England or Wales?-Are they forcing a sale of the home due to arrears, if so how much and for what period are they for?-If not, please confirm why they are pursuing a sale of the home?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
England. 10.700. To date.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The fact one son has lived with me has never been taken into account. I'm still assessed to pay for him. 6 yr
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
How old are the children staying with her, and how old are the child that lives with you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
15 with me. She claims his child benefit ! 13 and 11
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
In relation to the child benefit you should write to the benefits agency to inform them of the change of circumstances and the benefit should transfer to you.In relation to the arrears - are you contesting the full amount, if not then what are you contesting?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The fact I'm assessed to pay for a child whom resides with myself.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
The arrears would have been in relation to past years - how long has the 15 year old lived with you. Have you asked for a breakdown of the arrears?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They can't be there calculated daily and And he's still listed on there correspondence. 3 years.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Child maintenance is not calculated daily - it is calculated at the time of your ex-partners application and that amount would have been fixed unless there had been a formal recalculation.In the circumstances I would suggest that you formally request from them a breakdown of the arrears - this will detail the amount and dates that have been missed. You should also write to them and request for a mandatory reconsideration and outline when your 15 year old came to live with you and provide them some evidence of this.I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.