Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

We had LAC meeting in 18 February and the plan it was 3-6

We had LAC meeting in 18 February and the plan it was 3-6 months rehabilitation and reunite the family,however we didn't receive any family support to building relationships with my daughter.We supposed to meet my daughter every Sunday but the social workers doesn't arranged any meeting they stopped us to meet telling us befor can get the help we can't meet.We waiting now 4 months and nothing happened only my daughter received help from different charity like SEBDOS because her behaviour very poor in school and she hanging with gangs on the street.In my view the social worker and foster carer only make it more difficult to be again one family.When ever I talk to the social worker and complein about something she sand to the foster carer one email and foster carer show the email to my daughter.This is right to do it ? They make me enemy to my daughter. They said to my daughter your mum complains again. The rehabilitation should ended on July but the social worker came to me to tell me the foster carer plans the summer holidays for my daughter. Foster carer promise lot of things to my daughter and now 3-6 months rehabilitation changed to long term till 18 years.We are in section*****order and I don't sign any paper only for health assessment.My daughter doesn't want to came back home because she can do what ever she want in foster carer house they're changed her hair color and piercings with out consulted me.The foster carer let her sleepover to strangers house with out consulting anyone and my daughter reported missing again ended in London till 7 am in the morning.What can I do ?We had the second LAC meeting on 5th of May and we discuss every week the social worker going to inform me about my daughter but unfortunately she's no replies to my email.Now 20 days and I don't no anything what is the plan I don't received any paper work from LAC meeting . I don't know what can I do because the local authorities pushing more far my daughter and now we dont have any contact.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you;

-How old is your daughter?

-When was the last time you saw your daughter

-What are the local authority's concerns?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She is 14 years old ,Only I show her in the meeting. Local authorities concerned I dont know just saying my daughter doesn't want to meet me however she keep texting me 3 fallowing week mum can we meet but the social worker said No befor can get help and now to late happen lot of things with my daughter she been hospital overdose alcohol.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for confirming. Firstly, the current placement with the foster carer is on a voluntary basis as you have agreed to a Section 20 agreement. In the agreement there should be confirmation of how much notice you need to give the Local Authority if you wish to end the agreement (usually 7 days). Once you give notice, the Local Authority will assess the situation and decide whether there are grounds to pursue an application for a care order. It will then be for the court to decide whether a continued foster placement is absolutely necessary as well as decide whether to agree contact arrangements.

In the circumstances I would suggest you write to the social worker and the team manager explaining that the agreement was temporary until July and that there have been no contact arrangements in place since the removal from your care - and that it is the local authority's duty to continue promoting contact between parents and children in care, unless there is a court order in place.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.