Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My sister died 3 years ago leaving 2 children the father of

My sister died 3 years ago leaving 2 children the father of the youngest one has pr the child currently live with me on a private family arrangement the father is in prison but he wants me to have joint pr with him is there a simple procedure ie a form that can be filled in and put infront of a court to allow this without incurring massive costs i can only find forms for either step parent/co mother or father
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. In the circumstances you should apply for a child arrangement order for the children to live with you - this will also grant you parental responsibility and afford the children stability. You can do this by "consent" if the father agrees to it and can be done under form C100 and a £215 court fee to your local family court. You will need to take the original form, two copies for the court and one copy for each of the respondents (so each father of the children).

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.