How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Kasare Your Own Question
Kasare, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 204
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Kasare is online now

I am cohabiting with my ex wife and have been , the house is

Customer Question

i am cohabiting with my ex wife and have been for 18months, the house is in her name , no mortgage, i have contributed to the running costs. am i entitled to any financial settlement.i have no savings and worry that i could be locked out of the house. there are to the best of my knowledge no third parties involved,it just hasn't worked out 2nd time around. i will have nothing but my possessions and a £300 car, what can i do.mike
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

MY name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

How much have you contributed each month?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
about £1000 on average over the 18 months
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

What did that cover?