Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My daughter who is 3 years of age lives with me. Her dad and

Customer Question

My daughter who is 3 years of age lives with me. Her dad and I are not living together and were never married. He moved out of our rented house in October 2015 and he does have regular contact with her. She has recently been diagnosed with a terminal illness. He makes no official financial contribution for her but does pay for my vehicle on an ad hoc basis. What are his visiting rights as I am moving back home with my parents to support me and my daughter in her end of life stage? What are his rights in making decisions about her end of life care plan and funeral and can he legally have her overnight until medically we are advised to keep her at home with 24 hour care?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:

-Is he named on the birth certificate?

-How far do your parents live from him?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi his name is ***** ***** birth certificate and we all live within 10 minutes of each other.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. As he is named on the birth certificate he has parental responsibility, which entitles him to be consulted and involved in the end of life care plan and funeral arrangements.

Your daughter also has a right to continue a relationship during this time and it may be in her interest to continue the previous arrangements if they do not impact her health.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.