Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My Fiance's ex wife is demanding to see s will before she

Hi, my Fiance's ex wife is demanding to see his will before she will sign the clean break order he is currently progressing. They are fully divorced and my fiance is the sole owner of the former marital home by agreement with his ex wife. The clean break order is to make their pre agreement regarding her financial settlement legal and this involves a lump sum payment from his pension lump sum when he retires later this year. My question is not around the clean break order I just wanted to give you a bit of background. My question is does she have the right to ask to see his Will as part of this process? My fiance has 3 children and they are all adults. Many thanks in advance.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Unfortunately she does not have a right to see his will unless he agrees to show her, however, as part of the process both of them will need to provide each other with full and frank financial disclosure. If he passes away, she can request a copy of the will once it has gone through probate.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi HarrisYes, my Fiance is aware of and has provided a full financial disclosure. He is glad she does not have any legal right to view his Will and from other investigating I have done on the internet, I did think this was the case but wanted to check. Thank you.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you - I hope it goes well. If you have any questions in the future you can ask for me directly by starting your question For Harris