Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I am currently a party to a Private Family Law case. I am a

I am currently a party to a Private Family Law case. I am a litigant in person. My ex-partner has a solicitor.Increasingly, I am receiving harassing behaviour from my ex-partner's solicitor. As hard as this is to believe it is increasingly the case. I am getting increasingly demanding requests for the private information of my family (who are not party to the proceedings) and demands for information for members of my family who are nothing to do with and I have not seen in years, as I have explained to her previously.This solicitor is now demanding that I confirm;1. My mother's address.
2. My permission for her to contact a police constabulary on my behalf.*
3. The names of members of my biological family I have not seen in literally decades, as I have explained.
4. Information from a former counsellor of mine, this information has not been ordered by the court.Is there anything I can do to stop these ceaseless demands for my (and others) private information?Many thanks.*This is over a bizarre issue. Two years ago I forgot to tell my mother I would be staying at my (then) partner's house. My mother got worried as I was due to see her that night, and she was concerned I may have had an accident on my bike ride home from work. So my mother called the police to find me. That is all. Now this solicitor is demanding that I allow her to contact the constabulary to "get the details of this".
Expert:  Harris replied 7 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:

-What is the court application in relation to?

-Has the court ordered any of the requests that the solicitor is making - you state in paragraph 4 that it has not, but does that refer to only paragraph 4 or all the requests?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No, the court has not ordered any of these. The court has ordered of items which I have provided, none of the above have been requested by the court.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The court application in regards ***** ***** Child Arrangements Order regarding my daughter.
Expert:  Harris replied 7 months ago.

Have they outlined why they are requesting details of your family members and information from your counsellor?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No, she has just said she wants this. My ex-partner has previously claimed that my family (the members I've not seen in decades) are a "risk" to our child but has not substantiated why.
Expert:  Harris replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for confirming. Firstly, police disclosure and background checks is the remit of the CAFCASS officer, who should have undertaken these checks in advance of the first hearing and reported back to both of you and the court. If there is definitive police disclosure requested, this must be done under direction of a court order.

If your extended family members do not have contact with you, or your child, then their details are irrelevant, and again this would have been something that the CAFCASS officer would have investigated and assessed.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience: Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters