Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

Do you have to pay maintenance to your ex partner once your

do you have to pay maintenance to your ex partner once your daughter moves out , to attend university.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:

-Are there any court orders in place, if so what are the terms?

-Is there a formal child maintenance application/calculation?

-How old is your daughter and when will she start university?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no court orders in place . yes to child maintenance payments . she is 17 and her birthday is ***** . Her intention is to start university near me in September ( already accepted )
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for confirming. When she begins university your statutory liability for child maintenance will end.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.