Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I divorced my husband when we seperated 14 years ago, we got

I divorced my husband when we seperated 14 years ago, we got back together within a year but never remarried, will this affect our pensions etc?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:
-How old are you both?
-How long were you married?
-Do you have any children together, if so their ages and arrangements?
-What other assets and pensions do you both have (both sole and joint), together with values?
-What are your respective incomes?

-Have either of you remarried now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am 47, He is 50. We were married 10 years and broke up for less than a year but it was to late to stop divorce. We have been back together, in total been together 27 years.
We have 2 sons age 25 and 27.
We own 2 houses in both our names and my husband has a small private pension and I pay into a work one. We have always been together apart from that time.My husband is self employed and earn estimated £30000. I earn £22000
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you confirm you have all the info please? Thanks
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for confirming and I apologise for the delay in responding. As you are no longer married you do not have automatic rights to the other's pensions unless he bequeaths it to you or there is a court order to settle the finances. As neither of you have remarried you are both free to pursue applications against the other for financial relief - this can include orders regarding pensions, property, assets and spousal maintenance.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you