Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

Thank you, As part of a divorce settlement the matrimonial

Customer Question

Hello and thank you,
As part of a divorce settlement the matrimonial home is to be sold andproceeds divided equally,
I was wondering if I could buy out the other half or do I actually have to sell ?.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:

-Are you in England or Wales?

-Was the settlement approved by the court?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello , England and approved by the court.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for confirming. Unfortunately as the court has made an order for sale this cannot be superseded by you buying out the other share unless it can be shown that there was misrepresentation or fraud in the proceedings.

I appreciate that this may not be the answer you would have hoped for, but if you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.