Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

This is appears complex. My sister is in a coma at the

Customer Question

This is appears complex. My sister is in a coma at the moment. Apparently on a policy she named her birth mother as next of kin. She was adopted as a baby , still has our name , still has contact with our mother ( adopted mother ). Who has final say on her affairs ? Any help would be really helpful
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. How old is she?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just turned 49. She made contact with the birth mother about 8 years ago; although the have not spoke since last October.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. As long as the adoption is legal and when she was adopted her birth mother lost her standing and legal rights as mother and this was superseded by the adoptive mother.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.