Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

Have my son who is not married to s partner got any rights

Have my son who is not married to his partner got any rights if they split up his name is ***** ***** birth certificate they were born in 2009 2010
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My eldest grandson is aurtisc
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. By being named on the birth certificate as the father he has parental responsibility which is a right to be involved in their upbringing and be consulted regarding major decisions such as education, health issues and religion.

The children will also have a right to a continued relationship with him which can only reasonably be restricted if there are child protection concerns from him towards the children. If there are no concerns then he is entitled to regular arrangements to continue his relationship with them.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you