Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My husband has a house in s name which he purchased before

my husband has a house in his name which he purchased before we married. we are now beginning divorce proceedings however the paperwork is not yet in and mediation not yet booked. if he sells his house before this starts will I still be entitled to a share?
many thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Legally he will be able to sell the property as it is in his sole name however, as you are still married you have matrimonial home rights which can be registered on the title of the property using Form HR1 and submission to the land registry. He will be notified once this right is registered. This will assist you in preventing or delaying any potential sale as the buyer will see that you have an interest in the property.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you