Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I have split from my wife currently going through divorce

Hi there i have split from my wife currently going through divorce can i have a say in who sees my children my ex has residence
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:

-Are you in England or Wales?

-How old are your children?

-Which specific people are you referring to?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
England my children are 6 & 5 the children have told me my ex wife is now seeing her ex who she said commited domestic assault on her.I was cautioned gor domestic assault (self defence )
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for confirming. Is she and her ex now living together? Are there any court orders in place?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No i dont think so only get sketchy info from my kids
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Her ex has no legal rights to see the children and if there are concerns of domestic abuse then you can reasonably object to him seeing them, especially given that they do not live together. The children have a right to a relationship with their biological family and usually partners if they are in committed long-term relationships.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my wife has residency i have 2 have supervised contact until ove finished a parenting course which i have 3 weeks left i wondered if possible 2 get a restraining order
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.