Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

Clare. I have been with my husband years. We have a 17 and

Customer Question

Hi Clare. I have been with my husband for 23 years. We have a 17 and 12 year old daughters. We have a 3 bedroom house with very little mortgage left which is in my name. I've only been back at work for 1year after having our girls. I feel it's time now for me to take no more of my husbands unpredictable behaviour. He's been aggressive in the past and I'm tired of the constant arguing and the uneasy feeling he makes in the house.
I can just about to afford to stay here on my own with my girls but where do I stand on getting him out. Do I have to buy him out? Will we have to sell. Is there a % I need to give.
I don't want to move as the girls are settled at schools and also my 17 is under the a Royal Marsden for post treatment check ups.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?

What other assets and debts are there and what income do you each have?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The house is worth £450k with £26k outstanding. No debts and I earn about £12k and he earns about £35k but is self employed and a lot of this is cash. Jo
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

How much does a cheaper three bedroom property in the same school area cost to buy and how much does a two bedroom property cost?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I live in Chessington. The cheapest 3 bed house is about £380k and a 2 bed house £320k you can get maisonettes at bit cheaper but not much. On top of that there's stamp duty and moving costs.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Why is the house in your sole name?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We remortgaged 12 years ago and a friend at the time was a mortgage adviser. He got us a better deal with it in my name because at the time my husband had a bit of a bad credit score. We remortgaged and cleared off all debts. He's credit score is good now. No debt.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Where did the debts come from?