Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

Madam, I have split up from my partner 3 days before our

Customer Question

Dear Sir/Madam,
I have split up from my partner 3 days before our wedding. We have 3 years old son. He is paying his maintenance however I have invest in the house 4 months before the wedding deposit as we had verbal agreements with my ex partner that the house will be for both of us and after will be for our son. I have contributed every month for the house payments for bills and the mortgage. I have all this payments in my bank statements paid to his account but no others documents or agreement. Also my son lives with me and he can see him in every 2 weeks during weekend only and terms holiday for a day only.Can you please advise me what are my rights here? Do I have rights to the house or is more likely to lost the case if I apply to court? I don't have the money to afford to pay £10 000 for case and If is very likely this case to be lost from me I would prefer to know. Can you please also let me know what else I can ask him to help us with my son financially and we are entitle by law? Many thanks
*****
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further informtaion first

Are you currently living in the property?

How much is it worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I have left the house 3 years ago after we split up. And I am jot sure for the mortgage too.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

How much have you invested in the property and is the house owned by your ex alone?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is own by him. And I less than 10 000
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

How did you pay that sum?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Everything via bank
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

have you asked him to return the money?