Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I've just split with my partner of 14 years, we are not

Hi, I've just split with my partner of 14 years, we are not married but have a house and 2 children together. He has moved to his mums for now and is paying for the house as I work part time and look after the girls of 12 and 3 and pay for other bills and food etc too. What am I entitled to please in the break up as he wAnts to sell my car which is in my name and he has a truck in his name but says he won't sell that..what can I do please ?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. As you are not married, neither of you are entitled to the other's property or belongings unless there is a formal agreement or there is evidence that you both had intentions that the other has the property. In relation to the home, please confirm if it is in joint names, what the value is and how much mortgage is outstanding? Please also confirm what the proposed arrangements for the children will be?

In the meantime if you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you