Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

There is a consent Order on my property! My ex husband took

Customer Question

There is a consent Order on my property! My ex husband took me to court because we coul not agree on the amount I was to pay him! However day before court we agreed on a sum!My solicitor advised we could not get paperwork drawn up in time for court hearing and in any case as he is the applicant it is his job to fund this?The hearin was adjourned because of ftp agreement but still at a loss as he is refusin to do the paper work and my solicitor still says it's his job! Is she right because by the time I have paid for my solicitor arguin with him I could have paid for it being drawn up myself!?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. If an agreement has been reached and your husband is delaying dealing with this then your solicitor can prepare the consent order for finalisation with your husband. There is nothing precluding them from providing a draft for his agreement.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you