Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

10/06/2016 04:37 My mother passed away in March and her will

Customer Question

10/06/2016 04:37
My mother passed away in March and her will states that myself and my two siblings are joint beneficiaries. however, my mother sold the family home in 2013 for £330k and subsequently the money has been used by my siblings to buy and renovate a property which my two sister own. They have put in a claim for expenses against the estate in the region of £100k. Are the sale proceeds now lost or are they still part of the estate?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first.

On what basis did your mother give those funds to your siblings?