13262538

Just another question .if my husband becomes ill and we are

just another question .if my husband becomes ill and we are divorced but still ;living in the same house would i be expected to look after him
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your further question. It would depend on whether you are formally his carer or not. If you are divorced then your relationship has ended but it would depend at the time on whether you were his carer or were receiving carer's allowance. But there is no automatic expectation that you should care for him after divorce.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a family lawyer for more than thirty years.

Even if you were married there is no law requiring you to care for your husband if he was ill.

Once you are divorced you certainly do not have to do so

Please ask if you need further details

Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years