Harris
Harris, Family Law Expert
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My mother was awarded maintenance settlement of £1000 per

Customer Question

my mother was awarded maintenance settlement of £1000 per month by the courts, her ex-husband has stopped paying it what is the best course of action.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Is this child or spousal maintenance and when was the order made?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
spousal maintenance
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for confirming. Given that there has been non-compliance with periodical payments, she should pursue an application to court under form D50K for enforcement in relation to the continued payments and the arrears that have accumulated. This is submitted to her local family court together with a £155 court fee.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.